So there are few ways that I can handle this discouragement.
1. I can be angry at God
2. I can choose to keep asking God the "What am I doing wrong?" question.
3. I could just give up and throw in the towel on this journey.
4. I could choose to play the victim and "woos-is-me" card.
But you see I know the God that I serve and instead I choose to fight these lies with His word.
1. James 1:19-20:: "This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; for the anger of man does not achieve the righteousness of God."
2. Jeremiah 29:11-12:: "For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. 'Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you."
3. Romans 10:13-15:: "for "WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED." 14 How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed ? How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard ? And how will they hear without a preacher ? 15 How will they preach unless they are sent ? Just as it is written, "HOW BEAUTIFUL ARE THE FEET OF THOSE WHO BRING GOOD NEWS OF GOOD THINGS !"
4. Hebrews 6:10:: "For God is not unjust so as to forget your work and the love which you have shown toward His name, in having ministered and in still ministering to the saints."
So where am at with my funding?
For my monthly support, I am currently need $900.81 to be fully funded. That means I have 43% left to raise. Which is really not that much and I have heard that once you past the half way mark, it feels like it just comes in so quickly. That is what I hear and that is what I am praying for.
For my one time amount, I am currently need 4,854.95 to reach my goal. That means I have 39% left to raise.
With that, if you feel that God is calling you to be apart of my financial team, you can send a check to: Students International, PO Box 2733, Visalia, CA 93279-2733 account:: Rose Torres. You can donate online here or you can check out the NEW and IMPROVE website for more information.
So what is next?
I am currently working on the process for my religious visa. So that means that I am filling out paper work and getting by background cleared. I will still be meeting with different life groups from The Well and letting them know how they can be about of the ministry that God has called me too. Once I have reached about 85% I will be able to buy my plane ticket and be commissioned off :)
Top 3 prayer request:
- That I will continue to remember God's promises.
- That God will continue to provide the resources for me to move to Costa Rica
- That I will continue to be a good steward of my time here in Fresno.
If you want to receive my monthly newsletters, you can subscribe here :)