Monday, November 10, 2014

Cooking for who?......

I don't know about you, but I really enjoy cooking!
 
I also really enjoy cooking for friends and family. Recently I had the chance to cook for some friends that were in Costa Rica. I was so excited to be able to make Mexican food. But I was more excited to be able to have people over and talk and just do life together.

Then I started thinking about the last time that I did something like that, cooked for a group of friends...

You see before I moved to Costa Rica, I would host game nights and cook for friends. There would be times that over 25 people would be over playing games, eating and enjoying each other company. It was a house filled with love and laughter and good food.  Lately I have been missing those days.

I have been living in Costa Rica now for about a year and a half. In the year and a half that I have lived here, I have cooked for friends (not family because none have come to visit me yet) probably about 3-5 times. That means that for the most of the year and a half, I have cooked for myself. A dinner for one. And that also means that I eaten by myself too.

Welcome to the life of a single living in another country.

Now don't get me wrong, there are times were I went out to dinner with friends. But that can get expensive real fast.

But the reality for a single person is that you make and eat a lot more times alone then with someone else. And honestly I am getting kind of tired of making a dinner for one.

I know that this is the season that I am in, a season where I am cooking for one. And I know that living in another country does play a factor in the dating game. I mean who wants to do long distance?? But I still have hope. A hope that one day I wont be cooking a dinner for one but for two and then maybe more.

Till then, I will continue to make my dinner for one because, a girl got to eat! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment